Thursday 5 February 2015

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? + EVERYTHING NYX

So like every other 20-something girl in the world, I had the amazing idea that I would write a blog about the stuff I love (makeup, clothes, food, more makeup; y'know). 

So I managed to keep that up for an amazing four posts! Probably a personal best. :')

Yesterday while I was sat having my afternoon brew, contemplating life (this is a daily occurrence when you're unemployed). What a good opportunity to kick-start this blog thing again! 

So a little catch up before we begin, as the last time I was here I was in Tokyo! 
- I spent 3 months in South Korea, it was great! 
- I then spent a month in Tokyo
- Then went to Cyprus to magically find a job, they don't do Brand Management yet, and unfortunately; I don't speak Greek! 
- After two months of looking for a job with no luck, I went back to the UK and got a temporary job at Boots. (I advise anybody i know not to do that, it was ridiculously bad). 
- During this time my boyfriend and I decided that we were going to go back to Korea, for good! 

So now, I am back in Cyprus waiting to go to Korea; with not much to do but to drink tea, read books and use makeup! Dreamy.

Now I will go into talking about NYX, a brand I only started being aware of when i was in Korea, I don't recall ever seeing it in the UK, although I did live in the middle of nowhere.

NYX was founded by Toni Ko in 1999, Los Angeles. However the brand has since been bought by L'oreal. 





So I'll get into it now, let's talk lip products. 

BUTTER LIPSTICK
I picked up two of these while I was in Japan, from what I can remember they were about 800¥ which is about £4.50. The shades I have are Fireball, which is an orangey-red and Little Suzie a pink. The butter lipsticks are quite sheer in colour, however you can build them to get the shade you like the most. Sometimes I will put on a small amount just for a pop of colour and they are so moisturising that they can act as a lip balm!






MATTE LIPSTICK
I love these! So i first got a striking red for Christmas time, 'Bloody Mary' it was SO good. I say was.. it's been misplaced. I can only imagine it was a tasty treat for my dog who find makeup to be the tastiest snack. After I realised the red was missing I went for a more day time wear, following the Kylie Jenner 'kult' I bought 'Natural' which is just a lovely natural lip shade, however slightly darker than my natural lip shade. Once its set it stays put for a long time, and leaves a pretty lip pattern over my Starbucks cup ;) So highly pigmented, I would like one in every colour please!



SOFT MATTE LIP CREAM
I know I said I loved the matte lipstick, but I also LOVE these. I have the shade 'Milan' its a pink-natural. Sometimes if I'm wanting more of a pink shade I will wear a pinker lip liner under. It comes in a lip gloss style tube with a similar applicator. This lip cream goes on looking smooth and a little glossy but once applied it dries into a perfect matte finish. I actually just convinced myself to go and buy more!



Moving onto products for the face. 

NYX HD EYESHADOW BASE
So I have always used Urban Decays Primer Potion, and I love it. I was devastated to find that it had exploded during my last flight. As they don't sell Urban Decay here in Cyprus I had to find an alternative, and fast! Knowing my growing love for NYX I decided to walk down to their stand in my local Beautyline, they had a few options to choose from, however i chose this one as it looked the most similar to my skin tone. It was €8 and I'm not that impressed with it, I mean, i still use it; but its just not Urban Decays Primer Potion. I feel like it doesn't last very long causing the pigment in my eye shadows to not last as long. A few days ago I also saw that my eye shadow had creased in the middle, it was not a good look. If anybody can recommend me a good eye shadow base available in Cyprus, please let me know!  


NYX MATTE BRONZER
This was a recent purchase after serverly hitting pan on my Urban Decay bronzer, it was time for a change. I was really looking for MAC's Matte Bronze, but Cyprus being Cyprus, they didn't have it. So in Beautyline again (I pretty much go there on a daily basis) I saw NYX's Mate Bronzer, they had 5 colours, for different skin tones, being very pale myself I chose the lighter. It's quite similar to MAC's Matte Bronze but a faction of the price! (I think it was €11) It's pigment is good, and it lasts all day on my skin. It comes in a small compact with a mirror which it quite useful! All in all, I am quite happy with this purchase. 





Well after months of silence, I've given this mammoth blog post! I hope you managed to get through it! I know there was a lot of text. It's time to get back on track, my next post will be up in a few days so keep your eyes peeled! 

Thanks for reading, I hope you found some of this useful. Do you like NYX? What are your favourite products by them? Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment